Monday 2 December 2013

Sync #1 Serpico

Sync as in syncronicity, although some may prefer coincidence.  I was having an evening off from changing the world and decided to make the most of my last few hours of my free Netflix trial month by watching one of their movies.  I narrowed it down to Rushmore (comedy) and Serpico (70s cop).  I read a few reviews of both - both got great reviews, but I fancied something light, and I love Bill Murray, so I went with Rushmore.  So, there I am watching and enjoying this weird movie when this happens...


That's right, within the movie Rushmore some of the characters are putting on a theatric stage performance of... Serpico!  In these moments my mind doesn't really know what to do.  It seems to get stuck between realities... i'm not shocked or surprised because these kind of syncs have happened to me on so many occasions before, but at the same time my rational mind is bleeting 'HOW???'  'What are the odds?!'  Are such moments just coincidence?  What are the odds on narrowing down the search for a movie to watch from thousands available to just two, and that the one of the two you didn't watch is actually a prominent part of the film you did choose to watch?  It's just weird.

Anyway, good film.

9/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment